|Affiliation||Osaka City University|
|Section||Graduate School of Literature and Human Sciences, Language and Culture Course|
Academic & Professional Experience
- : Lecturer, Associate Professor, Professor, Osaka City University
- : Lecturer, Associate Professor, Ohtani Women's College
Awards & Honors
: the Prize for an Excellent Textbook
- Cultural Philanthropy and Narrative Strategy in Walter Besant's All Sorts and Conditions of Men
- Philanthropy or Pharisaism?: Images of Poor Children in Nineteenth Century London
Studies in the Humanities 66 105-126
- Ladies Impelled to Philanthropic Activities in the fin-de-siecle East End
Studies in the Humanities 65 81-96
- The Bond of Sisterhood in Wives and Daughters
Studies in the Humanities 62 45-58
- The Image of the Common Soldier in the Boer War: The Eruption of the Heterogeneous
Studies in the Humanities 60 110-124
- Sexuality and Victorian Culture
- "Pip's Craving for Maternal Love"
- "A Study of ┣DBGreat(/)-┫DB ┣DBExpectations(/)-┫DB -Commercialization and the True Gentleman-"
- "A Study of ┣DBThe(/)-┫DB ┣DBOld(/)-┫DB ┣DBCuriosity(/)-┫DB ┣DBShop(/)-┫DB : Quilp and His Desire for the Inverted Relationship"
Essays on English Language and Literature in Honor of Michio Kawai
- "A Study of ┣DBLittle(/)-┫DB ┣DBDorrit(/)-┫DB -The Rebellious People -"
Essays in Honour of Kazuso Ogoshi
Conference Activities & Talks
- Arthur Morrison's Authorial Distance in A Child of the Jago
The 45th General Meeting of Osaka City University English Literary Society
- Thomas Burke, Limehouse Nights: The Relations between Chinese Men and White Women
The 2016 General Meetins of the Chugoku-Shikoku Branch of the The English Literary Society of Japan
- Sexual Politics in Slum Fiction: Margaret Harkness and the East End
The 43th General Meeting of Osaka City University English Literary Society
- "A Study of Hard Times: Men at the Mercy of Women"
Hiroshima Studies in English Language and Literature 45 57-68
- "A Study of Martin Chuzzlewit--Women, Transgression, and Retribution--"
Studies in Humanities 51 (4) 87-103
- "Class and Taboo in Our Mutual Friend"
Studies in the Humanities 48 (11) 49-72
- "Empire, Demarcation, and Home in ┣DBDombey(/)-┫DB ┣DBand(/)-┫DB ┣DBSon(/)-┫DB"
Studies in the Humanities 47 (11) 115-133
- "Mother and Daughter in ┣DBDombey and Son(/)-┫DB"
Studies in the Humanities 46 (13) 63-78
Imperialism, Gender, Charles Dickens, Victorian Novels, English Literature,
Literature/Literature in English
THE ENGLISH LITERARY SOCIETY OF JAPAN, KANSAI
The English Literary Society of Osaka City University
Research Grants & Projects
- Study on the Binary Opposition in Charles Dickens's Works
- : Hiroshima University Graduate School, Division of Letters
- : Osaka Kyoiku University Faculty of Education